Friday, December 4, 2015

2 Crust Lemon Pie


In my hubby's family, this pie is a Thanksgiving tradition...well almost.  The family recipe is a secret, and so I am sharing one that is almost the same, but super delicious as well :)  The cinnamon and sugar on the top is super tasty and the lemon custard is just perfect.  It definitely cuts all the sweet taste you get on your plate when you do the pie sampler plate for dessert like I do.  The tart yummy lemons are super tasty.  Try it...you won't be disappointed!  

2 Crust Lemon Pie


1-1/4 c. sugar (softened)
1/2 stick butter

Mix together until fluffy.  Then add: 

2 T flour
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon rind
1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp salt
3 beaten eggs (take a little bit of white to brush over top)

Place 2nd crust over top, brush with egg white and cut slits in top. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.


Recipe Source:  I can't remember!  I emailed this to myself a few years back and didn't include the link for myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment