Friday, September 13, 2013

Cilantro Jalapeno Dip


Football season is upon us, and forever I will be cheering on my Ohio State Buckeyes!  In searching for some uses for my BOUNTIFUL harvest of jalapenos and it being football season and all, I thought this would be perfect!  Nothing beats watching college football with lots of yummy snacks.  

We actually had this first on a burger (which was great!) and my husband also used it as a dip for his fries as well.  It is a very versatile recipe, and I'm sure you can think up other ways to use it as well :) 

Cilantro Jalapeno Dip

6 to 8 jalapenos
1 bunch cilantro (meaning a huge handful)
1 large packet of dry Ranch dressing mix (or 2 single pouches)
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Mayonnaise

Puree the jalapenos and cilantro in a food processor until it looks like a paste, be sure to scoop out the seeds of the jalapenos if you want a mild dip.

Mix together the cilantro and jalapeno puree mixture with 1 cup of mayonnaise and 1 cup of sour cream mix.  Chill for about an hour and serve.  Enjoy!

Tip: Try it on burgers, on a panini with grilled chicken, as a spread for a ham or turkey sandwich, or just eat with chips or pita chips....yummy!  

Recipe Source:  I Save A to Z

No comments:

Post a Comment