Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Creamy Grape Salad

I have this problem.  Whenever I go to a cookout, I head straight for the salads and by the time I finish those I totally don't have room left for a main course!  This salad would be the culprit of this at my last BBQ.  It is seriously so good, I can't stop eating it.  You'd never know there was sour cream in it, but it gives it a yummy tang that it needs to make it work. 

Once the brown sugar gets mixed in, it tastes very caramel-y and delicious.  A perfect treat for any get together.  (and just for reference, it is good for breakfast the next day as well :)


Creamy Grape Salad

1 lb firm green grapes
1 lb firm red grapes
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. sour cream (greek yogurt works here as well)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. pecans, chopped

Wash and dry grapes.

Beat cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar & vanilla with electric mixer. Coat grapes with cream cheese mixture and spread in 9 X 13 pan or large bowl. Refrigerate.

Just before serving, toss brown sugar & pecans and sprinkle over the top of grapes (I don't recommend adding nuts/brown sugar ahead of time...the nuts loose their crunch and the brown sugar dissolves into the cream cheese mixture)

Recipe Source: Momma


britni
http://myrecipeboxx.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I took this salad to a Relief Society Salad Social last night, and out of more than 20 salads, my dish was the only one completely scraped clean...thanks for your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete