Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Poppyseed Chicken Salad


Nothing says summer lunchtime like a chicken salad sandwich.  I am continually on a mission to find one that can be my go-to chicken salad recipe, and this one is right up there...but still not exactly what I am looking for.  My favorite one I've ever had they wouldn't give out the recipe...so the search continues!

The Greek yogurt gives a little tang in this salad, which was yummy difference.  The nuts were also a yummy addition that I think my perfect chicken salad would have as well.  Not to mention how visually appealing the poppy seeds make this look! It is a good change to the salads I've had recently and definitely worth a try!

Poppy Seed Chicken Salad

2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
¼ cup celery, finely chopped
1-2 tablespoons poppy seeds
⅓ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup Greek yogurt, unflavored (may substitute more mayo)
½ cup mayonnaise (I use reduced fat)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch of sugar
Salt

Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
Chill.

Recipe Source:  Salad in a Jar

No comments:

Post a Comment