Monday, July 1, 2013

Mango Lassi


I have never had a pregnancy like this one...I am out of the "sicky" phase, but I still can't think of anything that ever sounds good.  Therefore, I have been trying to make myself eat a few healthy things at least since nothing sounds good.  This was my lunch today.  I've had it saved in my files for a very long time, and am glad I finally gave it a try!  I gulped down this entire 32 ounce smoothie by my lonesome, and it's probably all I will eat all day...but hey, at least I got in my daily fruit intake :)

It was very tasty, and now I am excited to keep the smoothie thing going and hopefully it will continue to taste good!  I had to improvise on a few things that I was out of, but it turned out well in the end.  Enjoy!

Mango Lassi

2 ripe mangoes, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (didn't have enough, so I used half peach)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk (ooops...ran out of milk this morning, water worked well in it's place)
6-8 frozen (or fresh) strawberries
handful of ice (or to taste)

Blend all the ingredients until smooth.

Recipe Source:  Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment