Friday, June 7, 2013

Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies


I am finally starting to get out of the sick-y part of pregnancy.  Thank heavens!  My poor family hasn't had a normal home-cooked meal in weeks now.  I also haven't been baking as much as I normally do, and I must say it's been great getting back into the kitchen.  I had some Nutella in my pantry on the verge of needing to be thrown away, and when I saw this recipe I knew it was just what I needed to make.

These turned out really yummy and we gobbled them up quite quickly.  They aren't super puffy cookies, so don't expect that, but they are phenomenal!

Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies

1 cup butter (2 sticks) room temperature
2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy – I like crunchy)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
heaping 1/3 cup Nutella

Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla together until smooth. Combine flour, baking soda and salt and add to butter mixture. Add Nutella in dollops over the top of the dough.  Use a butter knife to swirl the Nutella through the dough.  Do not over mix.  Chill the dough in fridge for 15 minutes before spooning onto cookie sheet to firm the nutella.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes depending on how big you make your cookies.  Bake until slightly brown at edges.  Let cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring.

yield: 3 dozen (I made my cookies quite large, you could definitely get 4 dozen)

Recipe Source:  The Sisters Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment