Thursday, December 13, 2012

Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge


I was searching through my files and I realized I have never posted a fudge recipe!  I assure you that I love fudge and have no clue how this travesty has happened.  I am determined to fix this!  

And so, for my first fudge recipe :)  I love the combination of chocolate and mint...almost as much as I love chocolate with peanut butter!  This fudge is super simple to make, just a simple fudge base and a minty center, topped off with Andes Mints and mini chocolate chips.  So yummy...just like biting into an extra thick Andes Mint!  Enjoy :)

Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge

makes 42-48 small squares

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, divided (I used fat free)
1 cup white chocolate baking chips
1 teaspoons peppermint extract (or more, go by your taste preference)
2 drops green food coloring
1 tsp shortening
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and/or Andes Creme De Menth Baking Chips
Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.  Spray paper with non-stick spray and set aside.

In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, stirring occasionally. Spread melted chocolate mixture into pan and chill for 5-10 minutes.

In another saucepan, melt white baking chips and remaining condensed milk, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and add peppermint extract and food coloring.  Spread mint layer over chilled chocolate layer.  Chill for 5-10 minutes as you make the final layer.

Melt remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tsp shortening in the microwave in 30 second increments.  Stir until completely smooth.  Spread over chilled mint layer.  Top with mini chocolate chips and/or Andes baking chips.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until fudge is completely set (could take up to 4 hours).

Cut into squares.  Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to two weeks.  Fudge will freeze and thaw well.

Recipe Source:  Sally's Baking Addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment