Saturday, September 15, 2012

Feta and Pesto Stuffed Pork Chops

It was 4:00 and I had a full day of things to think about other than dinner.  I knew I had to use up my pork chops in the refrigerator, so I did a quick search and found that I had everything for this recipe.  I'm glad I found it!  The flavors were great, and anything with pesto in it usually makes me quite happy :)  These only took me about 10 minutes to put together...so next time you find yourself in a pinch for dinner, give these a try...they are great!

Feta and Pesto Stuffed Pork Chops

3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons chilled basil pesto
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
4 bone-in pork loin chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Mix feta cheese, basil pesto, and pine nuts in a bowl. Use the tip of a sharp boning or paring knife to cut a 3-inch slit in the side of each pork chop, 2 inches deep and 1/4-inch away from the bone, to make a pocket for stuffing. 

Stuff pork chops with pesto filling and secure with toothpicks.

Mix black pepper, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes, and thyme in a small bowl; rub both sides of each chop with the spice mix. Place chops into a shallow baking dish.

Bake in the preheated oven until chops are browned and stuffing is hot, about 40 minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the stuffing should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Brush chops with balsamic vinegar and bake until vinegar forms a glaze, another 5 minutes.

Recipe Source:  Allrecipes


No comments:

Post a Comment