Thursday, August 2, 2012

Honey Peanut Chicken

Well, I have been trying to amp up my veggie intake lately, and stir-frys seem to be a great way to get in a bunch of veggies all at once.  And not to mention, don't all the different colors look awesome!  

I loved the spiciness to this dish, perfect amount for me.  I also doubled to sauce from what is listed below, because I like my sauce and am glad I did.  Leftovers were great, so pack you some up for lunch the next day!

Honey Peanut Chicken

2-3 cups hot, cooked rice
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch      cubes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup frozen shelled edamame
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup dry-roasted cashews, unsalted
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha

Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.

Combine chicken and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss to coat.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola and sesame oils. Add chicken mixture, and sauté for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Increase heat to high, and add broccoli and the next 4 ingredients (through red bell pepper). Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is done, stirring frequently. Stir in cashews.

Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Serve with rice.


Recipe Source:  adapted from On My Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment