Monday, January 2, 2012

Southwestern Breakfast Casserole

First off, let me be honest.  We didn't have this for breakfast....we had it for dinner :)  I was looking for a recipe to use up some of my leftover ham from Christmas, and knew I'd love this.  Mexican food is definitely my fav!  


I really think this is up there as my favorite or close-to-it as far as breakfast casseroles go.  It was awesome with some hot sauce, sour cream, and green onions.  Enjoy.  


Southwestern Breakfast Casserole


1 bag OreIda frozen hashbrowns (the bag is 30 oz. I think)
1/2 c. butter, melted
2 c. diced ham (I used some leftovers from Christmas)
4 oz. Jack cheese, shredded
4 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 eggs
1 c. milk
2 cans green chiles (4 oz. each)
Goya or Lawry seasoning salt

Lightly grease a 9x13 pan and spread hashbrowns (I thawed mine first).  Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.

Layer ham, cheeses and chiles on crust.  Combine eggs, milk, and seasoned salt. Whip really well and pour over top.   Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


Top with salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, green onions, or whatever else your heart desires :)


Recipe Source:  On My Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment