Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lion House Orange Chicken


I think I have eaten at the Lion House Restaurant in Salt Lake a handful of times, and everytime I have been more than satisfied when I walked out the door.  Sometimes some delicious home-cooking is just what a person needs!  I have never used any of their cookbooks, but after seeing many of them posted online, I'm thinking I need to purchase some of them!

This chicken turned out moist and yummy.  The orange sauce was yummy over mashed potatoes as well.  Enjoy!

Lion House Orange Chicken

½ c. flour
2 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
6-8 chicken breasts
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 onion, thinly sliced
6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
1 juice can water
¼ c. brown sugar
½ tsp nutmeg
2 T. cornstarch

Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag.  Add chicken pieces and shake to coat well.  Place chicken pieces in a 2-quart or 9×13 glass baking pan, breast side up.  Brush each piece with butter.  Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.  In the meantime, combine orange juice, water, brown sugar, nutmeg, and cornstarch.
After 40 minutes, remove chicken from oven and spread sliced onions generously over surface.  Pour the orange juice mixture over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for half an hour or until fork tender.

Makes 6-8 servings.

Recipe Source: The Lionhouse Cookbook via The Sisters Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment