Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring


9 am church usually ruins my ambitions for making breakfast because I am NOT a morning person.  I work graveyard shifts and if the kids would let me, I'd sleep in until at least 11 every morning!

Daylight savings was the little push I needed last week to get up and make breakfast.  These were a little twist from the Rhoades roll and butterscotch version we have had many times, and just as yummy :)

Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring

2 small tubes refrigerator buttermilk biscuits OR 1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1/2 C. syrup
1/3 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 C. chopped pecans, opt.
1/4 C. chopped almonds, opt.

Spray a fluted pan with non-stick spray. Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired).

Place about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.

Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring.
I used two tubes of Pillsbury Grands biscuits this morning, but won't do that again. I'll either use the smaller biscuits or one tube of the grands, as stated in the recipe list above. These had to bake for about 30 minutes. Still amazing, but I'll be doing it the other way from now on (the way they're supposed to be made).

Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures.  Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment