Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mexican Lettuce Wraps


  • Nothing like a light summery meal to make you feel good!  I love lettuce wraps, but have only ever had Asian ones (which I crave....frequently:)  I ADORE mexican flavors more than anything, and so I knew this would be right up my ally.  I thought they were great, again the hubby thought they weren't that filling.  Next time he gets to eat them on tortillas!  Also, I didn't think the Boston lettuce gave me the nice crunch I was looking for, so next time I will use iceberg or romaine.  

  • Mexican Lettuce Wraps
  • From:  Taste of Home

  • 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
  • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper (about 1/4 a pepper)
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves (next time I will use romaine or iceberg)
  • In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
  • Just before serving, stir in avocado. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons sour cream. Fold lettuce over filling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment