Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken

I have never had a whole lot of luck with chicken in the crockpot.  It almost always dries out and tastes awful.  I think I have finally figured out the problem...cooking time.  I saw this recipe and noticed the cooking time was so short, and thought we'd give chicken another shot.  I cooked it for 2 and a half hours, shredded it, and surprise...the chicken was still moist!  The best part of this is how simple it was...the chicken was frozen when I put it in!


This was super tasty over some cooked rice with some steamed broccoli.  I like to cook my rice in chicken broth, it gives it a wonderful flavor.


Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
From:  Six Sisters Stuff


4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts (mine were still frozen!)
1 (16-20 oz) Bottle Barbecue Sauce 
1 20 oz. can Pineapple Chunks, drained

Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray for an easy cleanup!  Place frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with sauce.  Empty can of drained pineapple chunks on top.  Cook on High for 2-3 hours.  Shred chicken with two forks while still in the crock pot so the chicken will be well coated with sauce.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment