Monday, July 11, 2011

Ranchero Chicken Crostada


It's no secret that I love me some Mexican food!  This one found me today on a search for something I could make in a hurry with only the few ingredients I had on hand (I suppose it's time to hit up the grocery store!)  Canned chicken, canned beans, Rotel tomatoes, pie crust, and a few fresh ingredients...yep, it's pretty easy, tasty, and quick!  Think pizza meets taco, meets pie, and this is what you get!  This was my first ever crostada, and seeing how it was so easy, I'm excited to try more :)


Ranchero Chicken Crostada



1 roll Pillsbury pie crust, thawed
2 cups shredded chicken
1 can (10-oz.) mild Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tsp. ranch dressing powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 cup shredded cheese
1 can (15.5-oz.) black beans, drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
lettuce, chopped
ranch dressing


Directions:   Roll crust onto Pam-treated baking sheet.  In large mixing bowl, mix chicken, 
Ro-Tel, cilantro, ranch powder, cumin, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, black beans, and red 
pepper.   Spread chicken mixture onto pie dough leaving a 1-2-inch border around the 
edges.  Fold this border up over chicken to make a deep-dish pizza-like crust, 
forming pleats every 2 inches or so.  Brush olive oil on crust.  Bake at 375° for 25-30 
minutes.  Top with chopped Romaine lettuce and drizzle with ranch dressing.


From the Recipe Shoebox.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment