Monday, June 13, 2011

Malawi's Chicken Pesto Pizza


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE grilled pizza. I love it a lot! I have waited months and months, and have kept my hope alive that the rain would stop so we could get the grill up and running. I saw this recipe for this pizza, and knew I wanted to give it a try, only on the grill. It was pretty dang good....the only thing that would have made it better would have been a little crumbled bacon :) I have never been to, or heard of Malawi's (I guess it's in Utah County)...maybe one day. In the mean time, I will just enjoy their pizza recipe!


Malawi's Pesto Pizza


From: Our Family Treat


1 recipe pizza dough (need a recipe? Look below)
1 cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
2 chicken breasts, shredded
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 bunch asparagus, halved


*Next time I will add bacon!


This pizza can be as easy or as difficult as you would like. To save on time, use rotisserie chicken and pre-made pesto....or make your own!
Follow directions for pizza dough. Roll out and spread pesto over the crust. Then layer with chicken, cheeses and asparagus. Bake as directed (or grill...using instructions here.) Sometimes we have to finish it off on the broiler...otherwise the crust will get burned!

Pizza Dough

1 Tablespoon Yeast
1 Cup +2 Tablespoons warm water
1 Tablespoon Sugar

Set aside and let grow.


2 Tablespoons Shortening
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
3 Cups flour


Combine, and then add yeast mixture.


Once mixed well, let rise for twenty minutes.  Roll out dough and add toppings!


Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes

1 comment:

  1. looks awesome...i just pinned this on my pinterest board :) hope to try it this summer!

    ReplyDelete