Sunday, June 5, 2011

Crockpot Chops and Gravy



After my last tasty crockpot pork recipe (found here ), I knew I needed to find some more recipes.  This is the next one that we tried.  The gravy was delicious....never would have thought to put soy sauce, worchestire, and mushroom gravy together to eat over mashed potatoes, but hey, that's why other's come up with the recipes, and not me!


Crockpot Chops and Gravy
From:  Real Mom Kitchen



4 lean pork chops
4 T soy sauce
1/2 C sliced mushrooms (left these out)
1/2 tsp pepper 
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 can cream of mushroom soup
1 medium onion, sliced or diced
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp parsley
Place pork chops crock pot (or in baking dish for oven). Lay onion slices (I chopped mine but you could do rings also) over pork chops. Mix the rest of ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork chops. Cook on low in crock pot for 5-6 hours (or in oven on 350 for 1 hour). Note: After baking I remove the chops and strain the gravy. This way I have a smooth gravy and I reserve the onions (and mushrooms if you use them) for those who like them to put them on their chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment