Thursday, April 21, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I figure I need some "classic" recipes, you know, the kind that you make over and over again and don't get boring.  I will be working on some of the classic recipes over the next few months.  I was realizing I don't have many cookie recipes on here, which I found a little odd.  I do have a yummy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, but no oatmeal cookies....so here are some :)   I love the addition of the peanut butter, good stuff!  This recipe comes from Stefanie's Cooking Spot.


Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


½ cup vegetable shorting
½ cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350⁰F.Beat shorting, butter, peanut butter and sugars together until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; mixing well. Combine flour, baking soda; add to mixture, mixing well; stir in oat, and chocolate chips; mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 1 minute before removing to racks to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment