Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Broccoli Salad



I love me a good potluck...everyone brings such yummy things to eat!  I've a few versions of this salad, this version being my absolute favorite!  It comes from my hubby's side of the family and we have made it numerous times for various get-togethers.  Even if you aren't a huge broccoli fan, give this a try....you will be pleasantly surprised :)


Broccoli Salad


5c. broccoli, chopped in bite-size pieces 
1/2c. red onion, chopped 
1c. sharp cheddar cheese 
1c. bacon, cooked, chopped
1c. sunflower seeds 
1c. craisins

Dressing:
1/2c. miracle whip 
1/2c. mayo
1/4c. sugar 
2 T. red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients for salad and dressing in 2 separate bowls, pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss. Chill before serving.



Recipe Source:  my hubby's Aunt Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment