Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pear and Blue Cheese Porkchops

These sounded a little odd, but at the same time the reviews were awesome.  So I was forced to give these babies a try.  They are WONDERFUL!  The ingredients that I have never seen in the same sentence came together for a very yummy dinner!  I came across this one while browsing for new pork chop recipes and came upon this one at cdk kitchen.  Even if you are not a blue cheese fan, try them in this, it makes the whole dish.  I'm not a huge fan myself, but it is a must here!  The green peppercorns gave it an interesting twist, but they didn't come cheap...unfortunately.  It hit the spot on a night where the ice storms were raging outside!

4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
Vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 medium firm, ripe pears (Bosc, Bartlett or Anjou)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon crushed green peppercorns
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese

Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and season with salt and white pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned on both sides and just done, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove chops to a serving platter; keep warm.

Meanwhile, cut pears in half lengthwise and core; do not peel. Slice pears in 1/8-inch slices. Melt butter in same skillet; cook pears in butter for 1 minute, stirring gently to coat completely with butter. Stir in the peppercorns and cook, stirring constantly but gently, for 2 minutes more. Spoon the pear sauce over chops. Sprinkle with blue cheese.

2 comments:

  1. mmmm....this is actually one of our favorites!! i have the exact recipe from my sis in law....i wonder if that's the site she got it from. i don't like blue cheese either, but these are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've been "outed"! I didn't realize you had a whole recipe blog! I can't even decide which recipe to try first. I am super impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete