Tuesday, January 18, 2011

5 Minute Marinara Sauce

I love making homemade sauces versus buying the jarred variety.  I think it gives your meal just a little more love behind it :)  This marinara is no exception with only a few minutes of prep time.  

It definitely has a kick with the red pepper flakes, but I like it spicy!  The recipe said it is a Rachael Ray recipe, so I'll go with that :)  It was delicious with the stromboli...I will definitely make it again and try it on some other dishes!

5 Minute Marinara

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (I use less)
3 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (crush in palm before throwing them in to release flavor)
1 TB tomato paste (I didn't have this, so I left it out)
1 32-ounce can chunky-style crushed tomatoes
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon Italian dried seasoning
1 handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped

Add the olive oil to a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and crushed pepper. When the pepper snaps and the garlic sizzles, add the tomato paste, cook for a minute, then stir in the crushed tomatoes. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook for five minutes and stir in parsley.

Recipe Source: Sisters Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment