Thursday, September 2, 2010

Egg and Avocado Sandwich

Oh how I love avocados!  I saw similar recipes for this sandwich on the Picky Palate and Sweet Basil.  I took some of the ideas from each of these and came up with this sandwich.  Next time I think I will scramble my eggs instead of going for the overeasy, but this was so yummy!  It definitely works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

*Note...the second time around I scrambled my egg with a splash of milk, salt, pepper, and shredded pepperjack cheese.  I topped it with the avocado and put it on the toast, and I liked it even better!  I will leave the other directions and let you be the judge!

2 slices wheat bread, toasted and lightly buttered
1-2 eggs
1 Tbsp milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 slices bacon, cooked to crispness desired
4 slices avocado
tomato slice
mayo or miracle whip, if desired
shredded cheddar cheese

Heat small non stick skillet over medium heat. In a small bowl whisk egg, milk, salt and pepper until combined. Pour into hot skillet. Scramble until cooked (or cook overeasy if you like the yolk runny). Sprinkle cheese over hot eggs to melt slightly.


Spread a light layer of mayo or Miracle Whip on each slice of toast, if desired.  Place eggs and cheese on toast. Top with avocado slices, bacon, and tomato and close with remaining piece of toast. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment