Monday, August 9, 2010

Zucchini Bread


It seems as though the food blogging world has turned it's attention to zucchini lately.  I wish I would have planted some myself, but with my extremely large belly, gardening this summer didn't sound very appealing.  Maybe next summer...in the meantime I am taking advantage of the grocery store deals on the local produce!  As I was searching, I came across this recipe on All Recipes, and after reading the reviews, I had to try it!  This bread is fabulous...so moist and yummy, and I always love nuts baked in bread.  So good! 

Zucchini Bread with Nuts

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts

1.Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

2.Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.

3.Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.

4.Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean (Mine took about an hour and 5 minutes or so). Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment