Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries and Dip


Looking for a change from the traditional fry, I came across this recipe for sweet potato fries on Cook and Tell.  It sounded like what I was looking for!  The only thing I'd change is not cooking them as long, they got way too mushy for my taste!  The flavor on them was really tasty, though!

2 large sweet potatoes
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt (or more, to taste)
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 Tbsp cooking oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel potatoes, cut each in half lengthwise, and cut each half into 6 wedges. In a large bowl, combine wedges, oil, and spices. Toss until potatoes are evenly coated.

Arrange wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through--about 30 minutes. For a crispier finish, place potatoes under the broiler before serving.

 
The sauce we had with these was great.  I found it on Cook and Tell.

¾ cup sour cream
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
¼ teaspoon minced garlic (I used double)
¼ teaspoon ground cumin (I used double)
¼ teaspoon salt (I used double)
1/8 teaspoon lime zest

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Chill for about an hour before serving to let flavors combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment