Monday, June 28, 2010

Memphis Style Coleslaw

This recipe I found on Our Best Bites.  I was looking for some coleslaw to put on our BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, and this one was might tasty!  I didn't have a bell pepper like I thought I did, but it was still mighty tasty!

1 c. mayonnaise (side note: why, oh why does regular mayonnaise have to taste so much better than low-fat?)
2 Tbsp. Dijon or whole-grain mustard
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 heaping tsp. Kosher salt (or an even 1/2 tsp. of table salt)
1 Tbsp. grated onion
2-2 1/2 tsp. celery seed (absolutely essential for classic coleslaw flavor)
1 16-oz. bag shredded cabbage with carrots (stay away from the very fine shreds because they'll get too soggy)
1/2 minced green bell pepper
1 carrot, peeled and grated

No comments:

Post a Comment