Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cilantro Chicken

Cilantro is one of my very favorite ingredients.  I know it's one of those flavors that people either love or hate...there is no in-between.  So if you are a hater...skip over this post!  

This recipe is another one from cooking club.  It came from our Mexican themed month and was submitted by Jami.  It turned out really tasty!  I will definitely make this again!



Cilantro Chicken

2 TBSP lime juice
2 TBSP veg. oil
1 tsp honey
4 chicken breasts
1 c. finely crushed tortilla chips (I used the hint of lime flavor ones)
1 26 oz jar of salsa (I used Pace, it's what I had.  I'm sure homemade would be wonderful!)
2 TBSP fresh cilantro, minced (I used double...I LOVE cilantro!)
1/3 c. shredded Mont.Jack cheese

In a shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, and honey. Dip chicken in lime juice mixture, then coat w/ tortilla chips.

Place in ungreased baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 min or till juices run clear. Combine salsa and cilantro, pour over chicken and sprinkle with cheese.

Bake an additional 5-7 min to melt cheese. We serve spanish rice as a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment