Sunday, May 2, 2010

Monkey Bread Muffins

I was craving something sweet for Sunday morning breakfast.  Going through my "to try" recipes, I came across this one, and it was what I was looking for.  I adapted it from the recipe I found on Two Peas and Their Pod.  It's definitely not the healthiest, butt every once and a while will make a great treat!

2 cans of flaky refrigerated biscuits
Cinnamon
Sugar
6 Tbsp butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 tsp water

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.  Cut the biscuits into 6 pieces.  Combine the cinnamon and sugar. I use extra cinnamon:) Roll the balls in the mixture.  Place pieces evenly into 12 muffin cups.Melt the butter, water, and brown sugar in a small pot on the stove. Stir until melted and bubbly.  Pour the gooey sauce over the muffins.  Bake for 10-12 minutes. (I ended up cooking it for closer to 15 minutes). Cool for a minute in pan. Remove muffins from pan and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment