Friday, March 12, 2010

Parmesan Bread

In searching for some new sides, I came upon this yummy bread at The Sisters Cafe, and it was a yummy change up from the traditional garlic bread.  They entitled it "Sinful bread," and for good reason! I halved the recipe and only used one loaf of bread. We'd never eat 2 loaves of bread before it was completely stale!

2 loaves French Bread (I used Italian a loaf of bread, it's much softer)
1 cup parmesan cheese (grated fresh)
I cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup minced onion
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (not in the originol recipe, but I thought it was a crime to make bread without it!)
Combine ingredients. Split French bread horizontally, spread mixture and sprinkle with paprika (if desired). Broil to crisp up. Enough for 2 loaves of French bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment