Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chicken Piccata Pasta

I never had chicken piccata until I worked at McKay-Dee Hospital.  I loved it, and everytime they had it, I had to get it.  I found a good recipe for it on Everyday Italian (Giada DeLaurentis), and have loved  it.  Now, I have found the pasta version of this yummy lemony chicken and had to try!  Since I don't have any white wine around, I just use some extra chicken stock, and things turn out just fine.

8 oz penne rigate, dry, cooked
4 chicken breast halves, boneless skinless, 4 oz each
1 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
2 tbsp lemon juice (fresh)
2 tbsp capers, drained

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.

2. Coat skillet with nonstick spray. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and brown on all sides over medium-high heat (about 4 - 5 minutes). Remove chicken from pan.

3. Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Saute garlic for 1 minute. Add flour and cook until thick and bubbly (1-2 min). Then whisk in wine for 1 minute, then the juice from one half lemon and broth. Stir in capers. Add more lemon juice to taste.

4. Add chicken back to the pan and heat through, 1 to 2 minutes. Toss hot pasta with chicken and sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment