Monday, October 12, 2009

Cilantro Lime Vinegarette

I think I have been converted.  I used to be a strict tomatillo ranch girl, but this stuff now has me addicted!  I have found a few different recipes for this, and this is the first one I tried.  I think it is spot-on and I don't need to try the others!  Thanks to Favorite Family Recipes for coming up with this yummy dressing!

2 tomatillos

1/2 bunch cilantro
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. diced jalepeno (canned) --you can use less if you don't like it spicy at all. I like a little kick.
Juice of 2 limes
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 c. balsamic vinaigrette

In a food processor or blender, combine tamatillos, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and sugar. After it is all blended up well combine with balsamic vinaigrette in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is best).

No comments:

Post a Comment